Reports to: Technical Services Director
Based at: Bermar (International) Ltd, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich
The role has two different but interlinked functions. The first is administrative and will involve maintaining an effective computerized stock control and purchasing system that is capable of generating weekly and monthly orders and reports. You will also maximize pricing discounts from suppliers and minimize component stock holdings without detrimentally affecting production targets. The second function requires you to adopt a ‘Hands on’ supervisory role in our factory, where our motivated, target orientated production team assemble/manufacture our award winning wine preservation equipment in accordance with approved build files and standards.
· Maintain a computerized refrigeration and wine preservation component stock control system detailing suppliers, itemized lists of components with re-order information and line numbers, lead times and prices.
· Liaise with suppliers to ensure that component goods are delivered on time.
· Produce stock requirement forecasts based on real time sales reports.
· Produce a weekly analysis of ‘Finished Goods’ and ‘Goods Dispatched’.
· Manage ‘Component Goods Inward’ process
· Check and approve pricing on purchased components against delivery notes and invoices.
· Conduct regular supplier reviews for key component suppliers.
· Manage goods in quality control process, managing returns and producing a monthly analysis report.
· Supervise the production team to ensure they meet and exceed the required standards laid out in accordance with approved manufacturing files and external approvals standards
· Supervise the production team to ensure they meet their finished goods production targets.
· Supervise quality control and packaging of finished goods
· Assist with the design, build, set up and breakdown of UK trade shows (2 or 3 per year)
· Ensure the work environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition at all times.
· Attend internal meetings as required
· Develop relevant knowledge and skills to enhance your role
· Key role in the recruitment and training of production personnel.
The production team works to weekly/monthly targets of finished wine preservation systems and refrigerated cabinets.
PRODUCTION MANAGER PROFILE
Self motivated individual with proven man-management skills, you will have the ability to manage your time, meet and exceed company goals and move smoothly and easily from an administrative to a practical ‘hands on’ production role. You will have a good eye for detail and the ability to get on with a broad range of people at all levels. The ability to work on your own as well as part of a team is essential.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
You will be computer literate, with a proven ability to develop and maintain stock control and purchasing systems, able to liaise with new and existing suppliers regarding deliveries and pricing. You will also need to have had ‘Hands On’ supervisory production experience in a mechanical, electrical or light engineering environment and be able to produce wiring looms, assemble components for new systems and service, repair and test systems.
Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later or XP Professional, particularly Excel and Word, and Internet and email.
LITERACY AND NUMERACY:
An A Level or above level of numeracy and literacy will be required.
Good people-management skills, experience and natural ability are essential as you will be responsible for the day to day supervision of a production team of 10; ensuring that standards, targets and personal goals are achieved and that Health & Safety standards are maintained at all times.