“A career with Bermar is highly rewarding and fulfilling. We have a friendly, team-orientated environment and are committed to personal development for all members of staff”.
Bermar (International) Ltd. was established 25 years ago and is the world leader in wine service solutions. Our expanding, successful and dynamic company manufactures a unique range of award winning wine and Champagne preservation equipment that can be found at the heart of over 40,000 on-trade operations world-wide.
Our friendly, motivated team is committed to providing customers with an extremely high standard of service and product quality. We are proud to work in an environment where personal development is encouraged and dedication and hard work are recognised and rewarded.
All our senior management team have been promoted from within the company, so if you are serious about developing your career, then this really is a fantastic opportunity for you.
ASSEMBLY WORKER ROLE AT BERMAR INTERNATIONAL
A fantastic opportunity to join the world’s leading manufacturer of wine and Champagne preservation systems. This is a chance to be part of a fast-growing company which operates in over 80 countries and counts some of the most respected names in hospitality as customers.
The role is suited to an individual who is keen to join to join a small, motivated and committed team at our factory at Martlesham Heath. We are looking for an individual who is keen to get stuck into a serious career and to build on the experiences gained in previous role/s.
The ideal candidate will already have a minimum of 2 years proven experience as an Assembly Worker (or similar) in a light electronic or mechanical engineering environment. Ideally, they will have relevant City & Guilds qualifications and be keen to develop your knowledge and skills further. They will relish the opportunity to work in a demanding work environment, handling pressure and prioritising with confidence. They will be physically fit and computer literate, can develop and build further knowledge, possess great manual dexterity, and have proven ability to follow instructions from manuals and/or sample models.
If you see the next step in your career as joining a vibrant, dynamic and growth-oriented business to build on your experience and the idea of no two days being the same excites you, then this role is perfect for you.
At a glance your role will involve the following:
- Ensuring the electrical, mechanical and computerised components of our systems are installed correctly and operate as they should.
- Ensuring the finished products meet our strict Quality Control standards.
- Setting and testing CO2 regulators (manometers)
- Testing power supplies and other third party supplied components
- Creating electrical looms
- Undertaking all assigned tasks in a timely manner and with a flexible approach that allows the company to prioritise workload effectively.
- Using a variety of hand & power tools, soldering irons, small pedestal drills and bench grinders; all within established safety procedures
- Putting away component deliveries, checking for any shortfalls or defects
- Reporting any component stock shortages
- Assisting with the packing of goods ready for shipment
- Reporting any and all quality related issues, especially those relating to malfunctioning or defective parts
- Completing production, Quality Control and Packing lists on a computer
- Using manual handling equipment such as pallet trucks.
Qualification & Skills required
- Level 2 Engineering Apprenticeship
- Have a good understanding of quality control principles
- Excellent time management
- Be a self-motivated, team player with a positive, can do attitude
- Be able to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate attention to detail & focus
- Work methodically and accurately
- You must have manual dexterity and good hand-to-eye co-ordination.
- Ideally you will have a forklift truck certificate or a clean full driving license
We offer a generous salary and performance related incentives, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your CV & covering letter telling us why you think you’d be the best person for this job to the Operations Director: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time