With 36% of consumers willing to spend more on a better-quality drink over Christmas, there’s money to be made unlocking your wine list this festive season…
In the first of a series of updates looking at how you can make the very most of your wine and Champagne by the glass programme we’re sharing a few of our top tips for this Christmas:
1. List more premium and mid-range wines & Champagnes by the glass (31% of consumers trade up to a different drink over Christmas opting for wine or Champagne)
2. Promote tasters, smaller glass sizes and wine matches to drive up-sells.
3. Pick a Manager’s special – get the team behind it with a few simple tasting notes and give them confidence to pass on a great recommendation.
4. As English sparkling wine sales boom make it a festive fizz go-to for consumers this winter (sales of Nyetimber and Chapel Down have risen 58% and 36% respectively this year)
5. Don’t forget dessert wines…. 73% of consumers would be happy to pay more for a better glass of dessert wine.
The incremental margin generated by sales of mid-to-high end wines and Champagnes is a real win-win: Your delighted customer gets to try a great, new premium glass of wine or fizz and you will make additional margin by selling more wine and at higher values!
With quality the biggest concern amongst consumers around wine and Champagne by the glass, trust your Le Verre de Vin to provide a ‘freshness guarantee’ and promote your service. You serve…We preserve!